Monday, November 8, 2010

What Makes a Bride Beautiful?

This is kind of a controversial blog and also kind of corny, but I got to thinking that even though all of my brides are gorgeous, people seem to have so many different opinions on what looks good for a bride.  When you hear the word 'bride' what words come to my mind? Well for starters, for me I think of: love, blushing, enchanted, beauty, and flowers. When others think of the word they may think of others like: bridezilla, demanding or innocent and regal. Yes, sometimes brides can be all of those too, but what I've come to realize is that what makes a bride beautiful is not what she exhibits on the outside.  Of course, my job is to make the bride look stunning and the best she's ever looked on her big day, but there is a certain quality about working with brides that makes me love what I do. 

Usually my bridal clients are a one-time only appointment, unfortunately, but that's why I try to connect with them on a deeper level other than just being another vendor at their wedding.  I hear their story, find things in common, talk about life and what we love.  It's the brides that are truely excited to get married, you can see it in their eyes that they feel like a princess when they look at themselves in their dress, and can't wait to see the look on their fiancee's face when he sees her walk down the aisle, that I love working with!

Worrying about the little things during the big day or even days before is totally normal and expected, but remember, at the end of the day, you are still going to be married, and that's the whole purpose of this event! It's very easy to get swallowed up by all the planning, details, and things that could and/or do go wrong, but honestly, the more you stress, the worse you are going to feel about the entire day.  When you let go of everything, and you realize why you are doing this, that's when your true beauty comes out.  Any makeup artist mask that no matter how talented they are or how many pounds of makeup they pile on your face.
True beauty to me, is true happiness.  When a bride is confident in knowing that she is making the right choice in marrying the love of her life and nothing in the world can ruin that for her, that is what it's all about!

Sorry for getting all sappy, but I just wanted to remind my clients and any future clients reading this, that it's all about one thing: LOVE! <3 not the show!

I would love to hear your comments on what you think makes a bride beautiful. Like I said, it's kind of a controversial topic, but let it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment